Wedding and First Dance Lessons in Chicago
How to Get Started
We know you have a bunch of questions about taking first dance lessons, like: How many will we need? When should we get started? How much will this cost? Do we have to have choreography? While our website answers these questions, we think they are better discussed in person, which is why we offer a Complimentary Wedding Dance Consultation.
Some of the things you can expect to accomplish in your Complimentary Wedding Dance Consultation:
- Chat with a teacher to learn how the process works.
Discuss your goals.
Get to know your instructor and the studio.
Learn some basic dance moves.
If you don’t have a song, discuss options.
Determine how many lessons you need.
Create a game plan with your teacher.
We offer this consultation for couples who have six or more weeks before their wedding. If you have fewer than six weeks, please read the "First Dance Lesson Quick Info" below.
First Dance Lesson Quick Info
- If you have six weeks or fewer before your wedding, we don't have time to delay the learning process, which is why we do not offer consultations unless you have more time. We recommend scheduling a regular wedding dance lesson or checking out our crash course options.
- Each regular wedding dance lesson is one full hour.
- Rates range from $90 - $110 per lesson depending on the number of lessons purchased at a time. Per lesson pricing is also available.
- We're BYOB, so feel free to bring your favorite beverage!
- The number of lessons people take varies greatly and depends on a number of factors. You'll have a better idea of how many lessons you'll want to take after your first wedding dance lesson.
Get Started Today!
While we can all appreciate Kanye and Kim’s first dance for its lack of imagination (if you haven’t seen it, you must!), know you can and should do better than that.
The great news is that we’re 100% certified in “Crafting First Dances that Are Actually Enjoyable to Watch,” so you’re in good hands. Contact us to get started.
Maybe you want a fully choreographed dance. Maybe you just want to take your sway to the next level. Or maybe you have no clue what you want! Regardless, we’re excited to help you prepare for your wedding and make your goals a reality (or help you figure out what your goals are). So, schedule your first lesson sooner rather than later, and we’ll go from there.
Each private lesson is one full hour with a wedding dance instructor. Rates range from $90 - $110 per lesson depending on the number of lessons purchased at a time. Per lesson pricing is also available.
We know you’re probably thinking, “But how many lessons will we need?” While there’s no “one size fits all” magic number of lessons to make you feel good dancing together, the more time you spend learning to dance, the better dancers you’ll be! Whether you just got engaged or are getting married next weekend, we’d love to meet you and get started. If you have more questions, check out First Dance FAQ or contact us to start a conversation with a wedding dance instructor today.
Running short on time? We recommend signing up for a Crash Course.
Still uncertain about lessons with us?
Check out how we're different from the typical dance studio.
You might also find these pages helpful:
Banner Image : Maggie Fortson